Starting Fresh!

Let me start by saying - Hello, AGAIN! In January I began this little journey through TPT, blogging, Facebooking, and Instagramming, and I tried to do it all. I was crazy enough to think that I could start all four of those. Epic FAIL.

Soooooo, I'm giving myself a fresh start! Some of you may know me already, but I'm Katie from Simply Creative in KY. I'm headed in to my 4th year of teaching 2nd grade at a little school just outside of Lexington, and I work with the BEST people ever. Here's a little snapshot of some of us celebrating the end of the year.



I've been married for 3 years, and I have the most supportive husband on the planet. 

He's been so encouraging as I've started my little TPT shop, and he's been my biggest advocate to get my butt in gear when it comes to blogging! For over a month now I've been telling him, "I'm going to start blogging again, but I just don't know what to say!" So one day my husband texts me, "Check your email. I wrote your first blog post."

Apparently I have a lot to say. He totally hit the nail on the head. Here's part of what he typed up for me, and I was literally DYING as I read it:

"As a teacher there are few things more fulfilling than those first weeks of summer vacation. Things always seem a little brighter and easier those first couple of weeks. The days of writing lesson plans and making copies have faded away and in their place now sit fun, family vacations to the beach and countless hours hanging by the pool working on my summer tan. I breathe easier knowing that I can sleep in a little later each day and not worry about finishing report cards or about unannounced classroom observations by my school�s principal. 


But about halfway through the summer, my perspective begins to change.  It starts simply enough with some changes I thought I�d make to my classroom � a table moved here, that poster taken down, and the desks arranged in a new layout.  And before I know it I�m dreaming about the ideal year, complete with fun learning activities for the students. Within the week I�m feverishly planning out the year like I�m on a deadline, knowing that this is going to be �the perfect year�.  This unleashed enthusiasm is often accompanied with a visit to the local teacher supply store where I salivate over the latest bulletin board trims or act like I won the lottery at the fabric store as I find three shades of chevron printed fabric on sale that I have decided must decorate all of the walls in my classroom. It takes only a few days to become a hurricane of fervor, making lists of things I need to finish and dragging my husband to ever craft store in town (which he loves!)."

Ya'll, that's why I love him. He gets me. And he'll humor me as I talk endlessly about plans for next year and new products I've made. I won't add EVERYTHING he typed up for me (that's only about half), but I know I can't be the only one making frequent trips to Target and Hobby Lobby and thinking about next year! 

I'll leave you with a picture of part of my first Target stash from the other day (that's right - Target put out their B2S Dollar Spot Deals!!! RUN!)