Transition Superstars

Do you ever feel like it takes your kids FIVE BILLION YEARS to clean up and transition to whatever is next on your agenda? This year, my class is having the hardest time!

They've really been struggling with transitions when we're cleaning up math and literacy centers. Usually we have choice time during the last 15 minutes of our Fridays, but last week... NOPE. My class "cleaned up" math centers for their entire choice time. Natural consequences? I guess so. But I knew I HAD to implement something a bit more intensive for this little group.

I always call my kids my SUPERSTARS whenever I catch them doing something awesome (even the little things). When we've had class meetings to discuss how to effectively transition, I've had to tell my kids that I know they CAN BE superstars, but they don't always show it. So last night I decided that I wanted them to show me that they can be TRANSITION SUPERSTARS!
It's pretty simple. I made cards for every letter in Transition Superstars. That's 20 total letters, but considering how many transitions we have in a school day, we can earn multiple letters in just one day. I also set a timer on the board for transitions so that students know exactly when I expect them to be finished. Once we spell it all out, we will earn an extra 15 minutes of recess or choice time.

That's it. Nothing too crazy, but a simple incentive to help us. Download your free copy by clicking the picture below!